LAUW Executive is pleased to announce the LAUW Research Community.
To foster a research culture amongst librarians, and to support those curious of, or interested in, conducting original research.
Informal discussions to take place every other month (August, October, December, February, April, June). Meetings will be held at the end of the day on Mondays, Tuesdays, or Wednesdays.
Discussion topics may include …
- Sharing strategies on how you stay current with the library literature
- Sharing time management strategies
- Sharing experiences of study leaves, original research, and other professional activities
- Developing research questions that support the greater good at the Library
- Getting feedback on your research ideas
- Identifying your areas of research interest and making connections with librarians who share similar interests
- No events currently planned.
- Topic: ‘Launch of the LAUW Research Road Trip‘, 10:00 – 11:00, Thursday, March 20, 2014, at the Grad House
- Topic: ‘The librarian self as researcher’, 3:00 – 4:00 on Wednesday, December 18, 2013, at the Grad House
- Topic: ‘Local reflections on the CARL Librarians’ Research Institute’ with Kathy MacDonald and Anne Fullerton, 1:30 – 2:30, Tuesday, November 12, 2013, Lib 428
- Topic: ‘What do you envision for a LAUW Research Community?’, 3:00 – 4:00, Tuesday, August 18, 2013, Grad House